Cooper & Friedman Attorneys At Law provides exceptional, personalized legal representation to individuals in Louisville, Kentucky, and Southern Indiana. Our law firm has won or settled millions of dollars in claims, so you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. We will relentlessly fight to protect your rights. Here are just a few examples of recent settlements and the results of cases we have handled:
- Multi-million dollar recovery, through confidential settlement, for a young man who died in jail when he was denied medical treatment in 2020.
- $6,300,000 jury verdict recently obtained in Federal Court in London Kentucky for client who was injured by a sheriff deputy. His constitutional rights were violated when he was pistol whipped by the deputy during an attempted arrest. Our client suffered from severe post traumatic stress disorder following the beating. The Sheriff Dept. argued the deputy exceeded his authority and was not acting on behalf of the County. The claim was later settled for a confidential amount prior to appeal.
- $600,000 recently recovered for a woman who claimed she was sexually assaulted on a job site.
- $1,750,000 settlement obtained for family in wrongful death case involving football player Max Gilpin, who collapsed on the field at PRP High School in 2008 after being forced to run excessive wind sprints. The case received prominent attention in the local and national news and should lead to higher safety standards and tougher heat practice rules at Kentucky high schools.
- $1,175,000 recovered in a recent will contest case. Older man with illness married younger woman who had him change his will within days prior to death to leave her everything and to disinherit the family. Cooper & Friedman sued the wife and others to recover for the family.
- $1,000,000 + recovery for man injured in an industrial accident. Client suffered severe trauma, including amputation below the knee on one leg after steel coils fell on him while he was at work. Cooper & Friedman investigated and concluded that another company was responsible for staffing the employee who created the dangerous condition and put our client at risk. Cooper & Friedman was able to recover workers compensation benefits for client exceeding $500,000 and further a settlement for negligence for more than $1,000,000 which allowed client and his wife to maintain their standard of living indefinitely despite the severity of his injury.
- $875,000 recovered in recent case involving an inmate at a jail who was left unprotected in jail cell and hanged himself. The case was brought by the mother of a man incarcerated for a minor crime who was deprived of medications and thought to be suicidal by jail personnel prior to death. Our firm sued the jail, the jailor and two deputies and obtained recovery for the family.
- Confidential high six-figure settlement obtained in a Civil Rights case for young girl who was sexually abused by a police officer. Cooper & Friedman sued the City which employed the officer and alleged violation of the girl’s constitutional rights. City defended by arguing that its officers were immune from suit and the relationship was consensual and secretive and the police force had no way of knowing about the relationship. Case was settled for a confidential sum.
- $610,000 recently recovered for family involved in significant car collision in Spencer County.
- $500,000 recovered in wrongful death case. Decedent was struck by a golf cart. She died later at the hospital from a complication. Defense claimed decedent was 100% at fault for her injury. Case settled 2 days prior to trial.
- $500,000 recovered in in recent credit case against all major credit bureaus and creditor. Creditor reported our client had filed bankruptcy. He did not. As a result of the incorrect information clients were denied credit on multiple occasions. Cooper & Friedman filed suit for violations of federal and state law, removed the false notice from the client’s credit record, and obtained this recovery for him and his wife.
- $500,000 + jury verdict awarded in case tried by partner of our firm in a motor vehicle accident, where client’s work as an airline pilot was impaired due to injuries in the collision and could no longer fly.
- $240,000 obtained for client who was left with significant facial scars from a motor vehicle accident, but defendant driver’s insurance company sought to deny claim in part because client was alleged to be intoxicated at time of injury.
These are just a few examples of our work, and the results achieved for our clients. If you would like testimonials from past clients, feel free to contact one of our attorneys today.
Contact Cooper & Friedman Attorneys At Law today at 502-459-7555 to schedule a free initial consultation.